- 1-1/2 pound round steak (3/4 inch thick), trimmed
- 3 T. cooking oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into rings
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 6 T. cornstarch
- 6 T. soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice (optional)
1. Cut meat into thin strips. Brown it in a skillet in oil for 10 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; pour into skillet. Sprinkle meat with pepper. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender.
3. Add tomatoes and bell peppers; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Combine cold water, cornstarch and soy sauce; stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Serve over hot noodles or rice.