Chicken with Peanut Curry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cut green beans
- 8 ounces pepper strips
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth,
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus wedges for garnishing
- Coconut Rice, recipe follows
- Cilantro sprigs for garnishing
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cut up chicken, season and saute until cooked through stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add green beans and pepper strips and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
While chicken cooks, start the peanut curry sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the sauce. Pour sauce into a frying pan over the chicken and vegetables, stir to combine. Turn heat up to high and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 6 to 8 minutes. Serve over Coconut Rice or plain steamed rice.