Spago House Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic and sherry or red wine vinegars, the Dijon mustard, minced shallot and minced thyme. Slowly whisk in the oils and when emulsified, season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate in a covered container. (It will keep for 3 to 4 weeks.)
When ready to use, whisk again.
This recipe yields about 1 cup.