Layered Party Dip
- BEAN LAYER
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) refried beans
- 2 Tbl. lime juice
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 TSP. each minced garlic, ground cumin and hot-pepper sauce
- GUACAMOLE LAYER
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 Tbl. each lime juice and chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. each minced garlic and salt
- 3/4 C sour cream
- 2/3 C shredded Cheddar cheese
- SALSA LAYER
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 C sliced scallions
- 1/4 C chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbl. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Bean Layer: Mix ingredients in a bowl. Mound in center of a 12-inch or larger plate and spread. Shape into a flat circle about 8 inches across.
Gaucamole Layer: Halve avocados, scoop flesh into a bowl. Mash with lime juice, cilantro, garlic and salt until almost smooth. Spread over bean layer. Top with sour cream; sprinkle with cheese.
Salsa Layer: Mix ingredients into a bowl. Drain juices from salsa and spoon over cheese.