Macadamia Nut Pie
- 3/4 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 frozen 9" deep-dish pie crust
- 2 cups roasted unsalted macadamia nuts
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Fill pie crust with nuts. Pour sugar mixture over nuts in pie crust.
Bake pie until center puffs slightly, about 55 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand 2 hours at room temperature before serving.) Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
This recipe yields 8 servings.