Goat Cheese And Herb Dip - ...
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, such as Montrachet
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped assorted edible flowers (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Toasted baguette slices
- Assorted raw vegetables
Blend goat cheese, oil and yogurt in processor until smooth. Transfer to small bowl. Mix in all herbs and flowers, if desired. Season dip to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until dip is cold and flavors blend, about 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.)
Serve dip with toasted baguette slices and raw vegetables.
This recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups.