Easy Tomato Basil Soup
An easy recipe that yields a wonderful rich soup. No one will know it only took you 20 minutes. Make it with heavy cream for a richer creamier soup and substitute half and half if you want to lower the fat and calories. Both ways are delish!
- 2 Large 28 oz Cans of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock or Broth
- 8 - 10 Large Leaves Fresh Basil
- 1 Cup 1/2 and 1/2 or Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Margerine
- A Few Twists of Fresh Pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves Roasted Garlic (optional)
Adapted from couponpassport.blogspot.com
In a large pot, bring tomatoes, chicken broth, basil leaves, and roasted garlic if desired, to a simmer. Let simmer covered for 10 minutes. Add half and half or cream, butter, sugar, pepper. Using an imersion blender or regular blender puree soup until creamy. Serve hot with grilled swiss cheese sandwiches for a delightfully easy dinner or lunch.