Hummus With Tofu
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3/4 cup silken tofu drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Sweet or hot paprika (optional garnish)
In food processor, combine chickpeas, garlic, tofu, lemon juice, tahini, 1 tablespoon olive oil and cumin and purée until very smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to serving bowl and cover. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving. Drizzle on remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle on paprika, if desired. Serve with flatbread.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Per Serving: 130 Cal; 4g Prot; 8g Total Fat (1 Sat. Fat); 12g Carb.; 0mg Chol; 150mg Sod.; 2g Fiber.