- 2 lb beef top round roast, fat-trimmed
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 whole peppercorns
- 12 small baguettes or crusty rolls
• Place roast in 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Add water, soy sauce, and seasonings.
• Cover. Cook on high 5 to 6 hours.
• Remove meat from cooker, reserving juices. Cover meat with foil and let stand 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
• Strain broth and skim off any fat before pouring into serving cups or bowls for dipping. Serve meat layered on small baguettes or crusty rolls.