Flattened Chicken with Almond and Paprika Vinaigrette
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ounce green olives, chopped
Preparation time 18mins
Cooking time 28mins
Adapted from cooking light.com
1. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; swirl. Add 2 chicken breast halves; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining 2 chicken breast halves.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, almonds, and next 5 ingredients (through Dijon); cook 1 minute or until heated, stirring occasionally. Spoon almond mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and olives.