- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Ib lean ground beef
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 5 i/2-oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- i l0-oz package egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Gouda cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a frying pan, saute onion, garlic and beef for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Stir in wine, tomato paste, thyme, basil and paprika; season with salt and black pepper. Mix well and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook noodles until tender but firm, about 8 minutes. Drain noodles and combine with meat mixture. In a buttered ovenproof pan, spread pasta-and-meat mixture evenly. Spread sour cream on top; sprinkle with Gouda cheese and bake for about 15 minutes, until heated through and cheese has melted.
Variation: Replace ground beef with ground chicken or turkey