Tabouleh With A Twist
- 1 cup raw bulgur
- 2 medium firm ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 can chickpeas - (16 oz) drained, rinsed
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese preferably organic
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions - (to 3) finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and pour over the bulgur in a heat-proof dish. Cover and let stand 30 minutes of until the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool to room temperature.
Combine with the remaining ingredients in a serving dish and mix well. Cover and let stand for an hour or so before serving, refrigerated, if time allows.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.