Soft Chicken Tacos
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup sour cream, preferably reduced-fat
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds), halved, cored and finely shredded
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely diced (or leave some of the seeds for extra heat)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded, skin and bones discarded or saved
- 6-12 (8-inch) warm flour tortillas, for serving
• In a blender or the bowl of a food processor, add the cilantro, sour cream, lime juice and olive oil and purée until smooth, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Transfer the cilantro cream to a large bowl and toss in the red cabbage, jalapeños, and scallions, coating everything well with the cilantro cream. Let the cabbage mixture stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, until the cabbage just begins to soften but still has a bit of crunch to it.
• Add the chicken to the bowl and with a pair of tongs, toss the chicken into the cabbage until it is well-coated with the cilantro cream. Season with salt and serve in warm tortillas.