Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 butternut squash - (abt 2 1/2 lbs) peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2" pieces - (abt 5 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes unpeeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 bunch beets - (abt 1 1/2 lbs) trimmed, not peeled, scrubbed, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 medium red onion cut 1/2" pieces
- 1 large turnip peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces - (abt 1 cup)
- 1 garlic head cloves separated, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Oil 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
Combine all ingredients in very large bowl; toss to coat. Divide vegetables between prepared baking sheets; spread evenly. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Roast vegetables until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour 15 minutes. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in 350 degree oven 15 minutes.)
This recipe yields 6 servings.