Chicken Lo Mein
- 3 TBSP of hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 TBSP of soya sauce
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 4 servings of egg noodle
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup of carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas, halves
- 1 pound of chicken breast, sliced
- chopped scallions for garnish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. cook egg noodles
2. Make sauce and set aside. hoisin sauce, chicken broth, soya sauce, corn starch and 2 tsp of sesame oil.
3. Put uncooked chicken in a bowl and add salt, pepper and 1 TBSP of sesame seed oil and mix well.
4. Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Then add garlic and ginger, stir till fragrant.
5. Add chicken, cook until no longer pink.
6. Add onions, mushroom, carrots, and sugar snap peas. Stir fry till vegetables are tender
7. Add the cooked egg noodles. Toss in sauce and cook for another three minutes. Add chopped scallions on top. Then serve hot.