- 5 oz glass noodle
- 1/2 onion, medium
- 3 oz carrot
- 2 oz shitake mushroom, dried and reconstituted (15-60 min)
- 3 oz thin slice beef sirloin
- 2 oz spinach
- pinch of minced garlic
- green onions, sliced, optional
- 1 Tbsp veg oil
- 1/4 tsp salt and pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp mince garlic
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
****Stir fry (sautee) each vegetable separately, slice been thinly
1. make seasoning. Mix 4 Tbsp soy sauce, 2 Tbsp sugar, 2 Tbsp sesame oil, 1 tsp sesame seeds, 1 tsp minced garlic and pinch black pepper in a bowl.
2. Prepare beef and mushrooms. Julienne beef and shiitake mushrooms. In a bowl, mix beef and mushrooms with 1 1/2 Tbsp of the seasoning sauce by hand and leave 15 minutes.
3. Blanch spinach. Remove roots and wash thoroughly under running water. Blanch the spinach in boiling water on high heat, for 1 minute. Rinse in cold water and squeeze all of the water out with your hands.
4. Season spinach with a pinch of salt and 1/8 tsp minced garlic. Mix by hand.
5. Julienne carrot and half onion.
6. Boil 5 cups of water in a pot on high heat. When it starts to boil, add glass noodles. Cook on med-hi heat for about 6 minutes or until fully cooked. Noodles become soft when cooked.
7. Rinse glass noodles twice in cold water. Drain in strainer.
8. Sautee carrots in 1 tsp veg oil. Sautee carrot with a pinch of salt and pepper on high heat for 3 minutes or until fully cooked. Add oil if sticking to pan.
9. Sautee onions same as carrots.
10. Sauté beef and mushrooms until meat is fully cooked. Add oil if sticking to pan.
11. Mix all ingredients. Place noodles in big bowl and cut with scissors. You can cut just a few times randomly. Don't over-cut. Pour the remaining seasoning sauce into glass noodles and mix well. Add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
12. Sautee mixture on medium heat for 3 minutes or until all is warm. If you have a lot, cook on low heat for a longer period of time. Stir frequently so noodles don't stick to bottom of pan. Add a little oil if necessary.
13. Place noodles on plates. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Top with sliced green onions.