Pan-Asian Grilled Steak Salad
- 2 tablespoons purchased teriyaki sauce plus
- 4 teaspoons purchased teriyaki sauce
- 1 sirloin steak abt 1" thick - (8 to 10 oz)
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups shredded Napa or other green cabbage
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh mint
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Spoon 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce onto plate. Add steak; turn to coat. Sprinkle steak with pepper; let stand 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk oil, lime juice, dark brown sugar, grated lime peel and remaining 4 teaspoons teriyaki sauce in small bowl to blend. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Transfer half of dressing to medium bowl; mix in cabbage, red onion and mint. Divide mixture between 2 plates.
Grill sirloin steak until cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to cutting board; slice thinly. Arrange steak slices atop cabbage mixture. Drizzle remaining dressing and any steak juices on board over each salad and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.