Mini-Fudgey Chocolate Cakes
Recipe source: Epicurious
Note: These are meant to be served fresh out of the oven so that the inside is still warm and runny. You can put the batter into the little cupcake tins earlier in the day and then refrigerate until you're ready to pop them into the oven toward the end of your meal. While you're waiting for the cakes to finish, clear the table and serve some tea or coffee. And don't worry, baking has never been easier. Just make sure to have all of your ingredients at room temperature before you start.
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan.
Whisk the egg, sugar, and salt together until yellow and light. Fold in the melted chocolate batter. Mix in the flour until fully incorporated.
3. Lightly butter the cupcake tins. Pour the batter into the tins and bake for about about 12 minutes, just until the tops crack.
4. Remove the cakes from the oven. Using oven mitts, place aluminum foil on the top of the cupcake tins and seal on all sides. Turn over onto a flat surface and bang the bottom of the cupcake tins. Remove the cupcake tins to leave the cakes upside down on the aluminum foil. Carefully turn right side up and place on the plate. Serve immediately.