Chicken in a Pan
- 3 1/2 lb cut up chicken pieces
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp pepper, divided
- 2 TBS Olive Oil, divided
- 1 medium onion cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch wedges (1 1/4 C)
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 C white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 thin carrots
- 8 unpeeled, red, small new potatoes
- 4 TBS chopped, fresh tarragon, divided
- 8 oz asparagus, cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces (1 1/2 C)
- 4 oz sugar snap peas, halved lengthwise (1 1/2 C)
1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
2. Heat large deep skillet over med-high heat until hot.
3. Add 1 TBS of oil, heat until hot.
4. Cook chicken in batches, 6-8 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning occasionally; remove chicken.
5. Add remaining 1 TBS oil and onion to skillet. Cook over med heat 3-4 mint until beginning to soften. Stir occasionally.
6. Add garlic, cook and stir 30 seconds until fragrant.
7. Add wine and bring to boil. Stir to scrape up any browned bits.
8. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet.
9. Arrange carrots and potatoes over chicken.
10. Sprinkle with 1 TBS of tarragon.
11. Cover, simmer over med-low heat 15-20 minutes until vegetables are almost tender.
12. Add asparagus and peas.
13. Sprinkle with 2 TBS tarragon and remaining salt and pepper.
14. Cover and continue cooking 5-8 min until chicken is no longer pink in center and carrots/potatoes are tender, asparagus and peas are crisp-tender.
15. Remove and plate.
16. Bring juices to boil over high heat.
17. Boil 2-3 min until slightly thickened.
18. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
19. Sprinkle last of tarragon.