Chocolate Silk Mousse
151 calories (40% calories from fat), 8 g protein, 6 g total fat (5.6 g saturated fat), 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 16 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium
- 1 1/4 1 1/4-ounce envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 8 packets DiabetiSweet
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup nonfat (skim) milk
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons natural vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rum extract
- 1/2 cup frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- fresh strawberries (optional)
In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; allow to stand 2 minutes to soften.
In a medium saucepan, stir together the Diabetisweet and cocoa. Stir in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is very hot. Add the gelatin mixture, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and refrigerate until slightly cold (do not allow to gel).
In a food processor or blender, combine ricotta cheese, vanilla, and rum extract. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the whipped topping; stir until well combined.
Gradually fold ricotta mixture into the cocoa mixture. Spoon into 4 dessert cups. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. If desired, decorate each serving with strawberries.