New York Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 pkgs (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1 lg. egg yolk
- 1/4 c. milk
1. Preheat oven to 375. Prepare crumb crust: in 81/2 - 9 inch springform pan with fork mix crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until crumbs are evenly moistened. With hand, press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and up side of pan. Bake 10 minutes; cool crust in pan on wire rack. Turn oven control to 300.
2. Prepare cheeseake: In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Beat in flour and vanilla until well combined. Reduce speed to low and beat in eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating well until after each addition. Beat in milk just unil blended.
3. Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake 55-60 minutes, until set but still slightly jiggly and moist in center, and pale gold near edge.
4. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refridgerate overnnight before serving. To serve, remove side of pan. Place cake on plate.