- 1 package frozen puff pastry, defrosted (she called for Pepperidge Farm, I used from Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Kosher salt
Lightly flour a board and carefully unfold one sheet of puff pstry. Roll the pastry lightly with a rolling pin until it's 9 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches. Spread the sheet of puff pastry with half the pesto, then sprinkle with half the goat cheese, half the sun-dried tomatoes, and half the pine nuts. Sprinkle with 1/4 t. Kosher salt.
Working from the short ends, fold each end halfway to the center. Then fold each side again toward the center until the folded edges almost touch. Fold one side over the other and press lightly. Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat for the second sheet of puff pastry using the remaining ingredients. Cover both rolls with plastic wrap and chill for at least 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Cut the prepared rolls of puff pastry into 1/4 inch thick slices and place them faceup 2 inches apart on sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Bake for 14 minutes, until golden brown.
Best served warm.