Oat & Yogurt Fruit Pizza
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION for one serving using 2% Greek yogurt in frosting:
--Using peanut butter (or other nut butters) in frosting: 336 calories, 18.2g fat, 34.6g carbs, 3.1g fiber, 19.2g sugars, 11.3g protein, Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 9
--Using PB2 in frosting: 272 calories, 11.7g fat, 34g carbs, 3.1g fiber, 18.6g sugars, 10g protein, Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 7
--Using cocoa in frosting (no peanut butter): 256 calories, 11.2g fat, 32.8g carbs, 2.8g fiber, 17.9g sugars, 8.1g protein, Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 7
- FOR YOGURT PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING*:
- 2 cups (16 oz) Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (or PB2 powdered peanut butter); may substitute
- other nut butter like almond, walnut, or cashew
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons honey, or more to taste; may substitute other preferred
- FOR CHOCOLATE YOGURT FROSTING, omit peanut butter and add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa; stir until well combined and smooth. Taste and add more honey, if needed.
- FOR OATMEAL COOKIE CRUST:
- 1/3 cup grapeseed, vegetable, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or half white and half whole
- wheat flour)
- 3/4 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- FOR FRESH FRUIT:
- Varied colors make a pretty presentation. Choose from sliced strawberries, kiwi, bananas; halved grapes or cherries; whole blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries; canned mandarin oranges or peach slices (drained & dried)
Adapted from theyummylife.com
(1) MAKE THE FROSTING:
In medium bowl, add frosting ingredients and stir until well combined. Taste and add more honey, if needed. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
(2) MAKE THE COOKIE CRUST:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper, extending it 1 inch from the pan edge on at least 2 sides; set aside. In large bowl, whisk together oil, applesauce, brown sugar, egg, & vanilla until well combined. Add flour, oats, baking powder, & flaxseed; stir with wooden spoon until well combined. Stir in chopped walnuts. Transfer dough to center of parchment-covered pizza pan, and spread with back of wooden spoon evenly to edges of pan. Bake 15 minutes until starting to slightly brown around edges and is firm in center. Cool 15 minutes in pan on cooling rack. Use parchment paper "handles" to remove crust from pan and transfer to cooling rack; cool completely. Invert onto serving plate; carefully peel off parchment paper. Turn crust over.
(3) FROST AND TOP WITH FRUIT: Frost crust with chilled yogurt frosting, spreading evenly all the way to the edge. Arrange fresh fruit on top in circles, beginning on the outside edge and filling towards the center. Serve right away, or chill for up to 4 hours before serving.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS. You can make the crust and frosting ahead and store for up to 24 hours in advance so they're ready to assemble the next day. Bake the cookie crust, cool, cover, and store at room temperature. Mix the yogurt frosting, cover and chill in fridge. The next day, frost the crust, slice and arrange the fruit, and it's ready to serve.