Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
Red velvet whoopie pies with marshmallow filling are like heaven! This recipe is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser!
- 1 (2 layer size) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoons red food coloring
- 4 cups jet puffed marshmallows
- 4 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 59mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Heat oven to 350ºFahrenheit.
Beat first 4 ingredients in large bowl with mixer 2 min. Stir in melted chocolate and food coloring. Drop 2 Tbsp. batter, 2 inches apart, into 36 mounds on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out almost clean. Cool on baking sheets 3 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Micorwave marshmallows in large microwaveable bowl on high 2 minutes or until melted, stirring after 1 minute.; cool slightly. Add cream cheese; mix until blended. gently stir in cool whip.
Spread 2 tablespoons marshmallow mixture on bottom side of each of 18 cookies; top with remaining cookies. Sprinkle with sugar before serving.
Review this recipe