Polenta With Fresh Herbs And White Cheddar Cheese
- 6 2/3 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups polenta (coarse cornmeal) see * Note
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese (packed), abt 6 oz
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Note: If unavailable, use 1 2/3 cups regular cornmeal and cook for about 12 minutes.
Combine broth, all herbs, garlic and salt in heavy large saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Gradually sprinkle in polenta, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until polenta is thick and creamy and begins to pull away from sides of pan, whisking often, about 25 minutes. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 6 side-dish servings.