Brownies on Steroids
This are brownies made spectacular!
Recipe from Lisa @ The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
- 1 & 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup cold butter (1 & 1/2 sticks), cut into 1-inch squares
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits
Oven to 350. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa. Add the butter and pulse just until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into the bottom of a well-greased 13×9″ baking dish. Bake on center rack at 350 for 10 minutes (this took 15 minutes in my oven, so check, mine was a little wet in the middle at the 10 minutes mark).
While crust is baking, combine condensed milk, vanilla extract and 1 cup of chocolate chips in heavy-bottomed saucepan and cook over low-medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. When crust has cooked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and pour chocolate mixture directly over crust, spreading gently with a spatula if necessary.
Sprinkle top with coconut, nuts, toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips. Press down to set, and return brownies to oven to continue baking at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool, and cut into squares of desired size.