Pink Velvet Cupcakes
PAULETTE SMITH • Winston-Salem, North Carolina
My daughter loves all things pink, so this recipe was
perfect for her birthday. Oddly enough, my teenage son
(who’s not a fan of pink) devours these cupcakes, too!
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pink paste food coloring
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pink coarse sugar and edible glitter
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and food
coloring until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour,
baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed
mixture alternately with buttermilk.
2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350°
for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
racks to cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt chips and butter
with cream over low heat; stir until smooth. Transfer to a
large mixing bowl. Chill for 30 minutes, stirring once.
4. Beat on high for 2-3 minutes or until soft peaks form and frosting is light and fluffy. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #30 star tip. Fill bag with frosting; frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and edible glitter. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor’s Note: Edible glitter is available from Wilton Industries. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com.
Review this recipe