Great Holiday Baking Show
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter
- 1 egg yolk (Large) save White
- 1/4 cup Full Fat Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Confectioners Sugar for rolling + dusting
- Egg White from above
- 3/4 cup Superfine Sugar
- 1 cup Finely Ground Pecans
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Adapted from abc.go.com
1. Cut butter into sifted flour using a pastry cutter.
2. Once combined, Add yoke, sour cream and vanilla, mix until combined. (Mixture will be sticky)
3. Divide into 2, and wrap in plastic wrap, and chill in refrigerator. (Usually for a couple hours)
1. Finely grind pecans In a Food Processor
2. Whisk egg white until foamy.
3. Mix in sugar until combined.
4. Add nuts and vanilla extract.
5. Mix to combine.
6. Set aside
Assembly and Baking:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°
2. Line half sheet pan with Silpat.
3. Using powdered sugar, sprinkle rolling surface and roll one of the dough segments into a 8” circle.
4. Spread some of the nut mixture onto the dough with a small offset decorator spatula.
5. Using a pastry wheel or pizza cutter. (Lightly dust roll in confectioners sugar) cut the dough into 8 triangles.
6. Starting from the outside roll each triangle up, and then place on baking sheet in a crescent shape.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
8. Allow pastry to cool for a couple minutes on tray than transfer to cooling rack.
9. Dust with powdered sugar prior to serving.