Recipe from RasaMalaysia
Serves 32 | Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
Source: Adapted from All Recipes
- 2 cups (480 g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (400 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.75 mL) salt
- 2 cups (450 g) mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (150 g) almonds, chopped
Fill a pot with the butter, sugar and salt. Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until the mixture turns amber and registers 300 degrees F.
Pour the mixture in a parchment lined baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate evenly over the top. Allow to sit until slightly melted; use a spatula to smooth the chocolate. Top evenly with almonds, pressing gently so the nuts stick to the chocolate.
Refrigerate until set. Break into pieces and serve.
Store the toffee in an airtight container.