Chocolate Chunk And Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped pecans
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, vanilla and almond extract in large bowl until blended. Add egg; beat until fluffy. Beat in flour mixture. Stir pecans and chocolate pieces into dough.
Using 2 tablespoonfuls dough for each cookie, drop dough mounds onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Press tops slightly to flatten.
Bake cookies until edges begin to brown but centers are still soft, about 13 minutes. Let cool on sheets 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks; cool completely. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
This recipe yields about 18 cookies.