Baked Chicken With Barbecue Sauce
- 12 chicken thighs with skin and bones (abt 3 3/4 lbs)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes with added puree (14 1/2 to 16 oz)
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup Frenchs mustard
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove skin from chicken thighs and discard. Place thighs close together in 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish.
Whisk next 7 ingredients in saucepan over medium heat until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Whisk in mustard. Pour sauce evenly over chicken.
Bake chicken uncovered until cooked through, brown and glazed, turning and basting with sauce every 30 minutes, about 1 hour 30 minutes total. Cool 5 minutes and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.