Whiskey Jack's Down Home Steak Chili
- 2 pounds thick cut steak, cut into 1/2-3/4” pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Jack Daniels Whiskey*
- 3 (15.5 ounce) cans S&W Chili Beans
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon New Mexico chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2 jalapenos (minced), seeded and deveined
Adapted from theslowroasteditalian.com
Heat a large (12 quart) pot over high heat.
Once it you can feel the heat with your hand, add oil.
Add steak and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook until steak is browned on all sides stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile prepare ingredients.
Toss to combine.
Allow to boil for about 3 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients.
Stir to combine.
Reduce to simmer, cook for 10 minutes.
COOK'S NOTE: You can substitute 12 ounces of beef broth for the whiskey, but it will change the flavor. It does make one heckofa delicious steak chili though!