BAR - Marshmallow Cereal Treats
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag marshmallows (or 12 ounces homemade marshmallows)
- 5 1/2 cups cereal of your choice
- 1 cup mix-ins of choice and/or 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs or spices of choice
Adapted from spoonforkbacon.com
1. Lightly grease and 8”x 8” baking dish and set aside.
2. Place butter in a large pot and melt over medium heat. Once butter has fully melted, stir in marshmallows and continue to stir until marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat and add cereal.
3. Mix together until well blended and no dry spots remain. Fold in mix-in ingredients and pour into the prepared baking dish.
4. Smooth the surface of the cereal mixture and allow treats to set, about 1 hour.
5. Cut out 9 even squares and serve.