Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- 4 Tbsp Butter, divided
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 6-7 Large Button Mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 lb Shaved Steak
- 1/2 lb American Cheese
- 1/2 cup Beef Stock or Broth
- 1/2 cup Milk, slightly warmed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chives, optional
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips, bagel chips, pita chips, or bits of crusty bread for dipping
In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, melt 2 Tbs butter. Add onions and pinch of salt to skillet. Cook onions until soft and translucent; add mushrooms and cook until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside. Melt remaining 2 Tbs butter in the skillet; increase heat to high. Add steak and fry quickly for two minutes or until the edges of the steak start to brown.
Once steak is heated, remove from heat and chop into small bits. Return steak to pan; reduce heat to medium-low. Add American cheese along with onion, mushrooms, and beef stock. Stir to combine; heat until cheese is melted; add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chives and serve warm with tortilla chips, bagel chips, pita chips, or bits of bread.