Sweet and Tangy BBQ Meatballs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange marmalade
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (30mL) Smoky Barbecue Rub
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 pkg (26 oz or 900 g) frozen fully cooked meatballs (1/2 oz/10 g each)
Adapted from pamperedchef.com
Heat oil in Rockcrok Casserole over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until shimmering. Cut onion into chunks. Using Food Chopper, finely chop onion.
Add onions to Casserole. Cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until onions are softened.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except meatballs. Bring to a boil; add meatballs. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
16 servings of 3 meatballs and 2 1/2 tbsp/37 mL sauce
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (3 meatballs and 2½ tbsp/37 mL sauce): Calories 170, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 530 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 8 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
U.S. Diabetic Exchanges per serving: 11/2 Fruit, 1 Med-Fat Meat (1 1/2 Carb)
For Sweet and Spicy Meatballs, substitute ½ cup (125 mL) cherry preserves and ½-1 tsp (2-5 mL) crushed red pepper flakes for the orange marmalade and Dijon mustard.