Baked Fontina Dip
- 2 2 2 pounds Italian Fontina cheese, rind removed, cubed (1-2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 8 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 tablespoons thyme leaves, minced
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, minced
- 1-2 1-2 1-2 French baguettes, sliced
- to and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
1. Place oven rack in upper portion of oven, 5 inches from the heat. Preheat broiler.
2. Take a large, cast-iron skillet and spread an even layer of Fontina cubes along the pan. Drizzle olive oil on top.
3. Sprinkle garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper over the top.
4. Place in oven and bake for 5-6 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. Pay close attention because it’s easy for cheese to burn.
5. Remove from oven and serve immediately, from skillet, dipping slices directly into the cheese. Be careful though, the skillet is really hot.