Chuck Blade Steaks With Herb Wine Sauce
- 4 top chuck blade steaks/ 1/2" thick - (abt 18 oz total)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh parsley
Pat steaks dry and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately-high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute steaks 3 minutes per side for medium. Transfer steaks with tongs to a plate and keep warm, loosely covered.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet and cook shallot over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and carefully add wine and any meat juices that have accumulated on plate with steaks. Simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in herbs and salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour sauce over steaks and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.