Baja-Spiced Chicken Salad with Chutney Dressing
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs leaves removed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 large egg whites lightly beaten
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons fat-free peppercorn ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (10-ounce) package Italian-blend salad greens (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup trimmed watercress (about 1 small bunch)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup walnut halves toasted
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Combine breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, salt, cumin, red pepper, and allspice in a shallow dish. Combine 2 teaspoons water and egg whites. Coat chicken with flour. Dip chicken in egg white mixture, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ranch dressing, chutney, 2 tablespoons water, and 1 teaspoon oil in a food processor; process until smooth. Set aside.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray on both sides. Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side or until done; cut into 1/2-inch slices. Set aside.
Cut each apple into 16 wedges, and toss with lemon juice. Place 1 1/2 cups greens and 1/4 cup watercress on each of 4 serving plates. Top each with 8 apple wedges, 3 ounces chicken, 2 tablespoons raisins, and 1 tablespoon walnuts. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over each salad.