Preparation time:25 mins plus 2 hours chilling Cooking time:15
- 1 stick (100 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 bunch tarragon, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups unflavored bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Potatoes, to serve
- Steamed green beans,to serve
Adapted from au.lifestyle.yahoo.com
Put butter, garlic and herbs in a small bowl and mix until well combined. Season, then spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll into a 1cm-thick log, then twist ends. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into 4 even pieces.
Using a sharp knife, Butterfly chicken breasts.
Put chicken between 2 sheets of freezer plastic and flatten with a mallet until about 5mm thick.
Season each fillet on 1 side, then put a herb butter log in middle of 1 long edge. Fold in both sides of fillet.
Roll up fillets to form parcels, then enclose in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or 200°C. Roll parcels in flour, dip in egg, then coat with crumbs. Pour oil into a medium saucepan until 5cm deep and heat to 180°C. Deep-fry chicken for 3 minutes or until deep golden, then transfer to a wire rack set over an oven tray. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with potatoes and green beans.