SLOW COOKER MEATLOAF
Our classic meat loaf recipe does great in the slow cooker. Just toss together the ingredients, set it and forget it! Your meal will be ready in 3 to 4 hours.
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 200mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1 Line 4 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
2 In large bowl, mix all ingredients except ketchup. Shape mixture into loaf, and place in center of slow cooker. Spread ketchup over top.
3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F. Remove meat loaf from slow cooker to serving platter. Cut into pieces to serve.