Italian-Herb Party Mix
- For the party mix-
- 2 cups each: Chex Corn, Chex Rice and Chex Wheat cereal squares
- 2 cups mini pretzels*
- 1 cup nuts**
- For the Butter-Spice Mixture-
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon each: red pepper flakes, garlic salt, garlic powder and onion powder
- For the Cheese-Herb Mixture-
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil***
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 250o F. Mix cereal, pretzels and nuts for the party mix in a large bowl; set aside.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add oil, vinegar, Worcestershire, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, garlic salt, garlic powder and onion powder; stir to combine.
Off heat pour butter-spice mixture over party mix and keep tossing until it is fully coated.
Transfer party mix to a baking sheet. Bake mix 1-1-1/4 hours (I did mine for 1 hour only), stirring every 15 minutes.
Combine Parmesan, basil and rosemary in a bowl, sprinkle over party mix and toss together while mix is still warm. Cool mix on a baking sheet and store in an airtight container up to 1 week.