Hash Brown Potato Casserole (SOUP VERSION)
- 1 package (about 30 ounces) frozen country-style hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (10 1/2 ounces each) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Potato Soup (or use your favorite flavor)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from campbellskitchen.com
Set the oven to 350°F. Spray a 3-quart shallow baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
Stir the potatoes, half the Cheddar cheese, the sour cream, soup, onion and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Season the potato mixture as desired. Spread the potato mixture in the baking dish. Cover the baking dish.
Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese and buttered cracker crumbs or crushed cornflakes.
Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top is lightly browned.
I prepare the potatoes in ramekins and freeze for later.