- 4 tablespoons, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, seperated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the sides of 6 (1-cup) souflle cups with 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until pale yellow. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add flour, whisking until smooth. Whisking constantly, gradually add milk; cook for 1-2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until melted. Add chocolate mixture to egg yolks, stirring until well blended.
4. In a small bowl, beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold half of egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Fold chocolate mixture into remaining egg white mixture. Spoon into prepared souffle cups, filling about half full. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately.