- For inside of truffle:
- 13.5 oz. Semisweet Chocolate (1 3/4 cup)
- 3.2 oz. Heavy Cream (1/2 cup)
- 2.5 oz. Light Corn Syrup (1/3 cup)
- 3.2 oz. Softened Butter, cut in small pieces (1 1/2 cup)
- 2 oz. Alcohol or 1 oz. Vanilla Extract (1/4 cup)
- For outside coating:
- 8 oz. (1 cup) Melted Chocolate - room temperature
- 3 oz. (1/3 cup) Dark Chocolate Powder (can also use chopped nuts or toasted coconut)
Melt semisweet chocolate in a double boiler. Once melted, add heavy cream and remove from heat. Add light corn syrup, then butter in small pieces, and alcohol (if using). Pour into a sheet pan & chill until firm. Once chilled, roll mixture into quarter-sized balls. Chill again for 10 minutes.
Melt chocolate for coating - bring to room temperature. Dip one hand in chocolate and coat palm of hand. Using the other hand, drop each ball into the chocolate-coated hand, coat the ball with chocolate, and drop and roll it into cocoa powder.
Makes about 25-30 truffles