Toasted Quinoa-Pistachio Tabbouleh
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup chopped parsley (packed)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
1. Heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add quinoa and toast, shaking the pan occasionally, until fragrant and slightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, covered, until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
2. While quinoa cooks, prepare dressing. In a a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, black pepper,and red pepper flakes.
3. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add pistachios and toast until fragrant and slightly browned, shaking the pan regularly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Add tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, mint, scallions, and raisin to the quinoa and toss to distribute. Stir in dressing and mix well. Garnish with toasted pistachios and serve.