from Scott Baird, via PopSugar.com
- 1 750 ml bottle vodka or white rum
- 1 1/4 cups dark rum, like Pampero
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 pound whole coffee beans
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs, optional
- 1 slice of orange peel, optional
Adapted from popsugar.com
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a sealable container. Shake hard to combine.
2. Label with the date and let sit in a cool, dark place for three weeks. Shake or stir the mixture several times a week.
3. Strain through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer into a clean vessel. Use like you would Kahlua or any other coffee liquor.