- 16 oz Ricotta
- 2 teas. Amaretto
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 Teas. Cinnamon
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- green Wilton candy melts (optional)
1) Place Ricotta in colander lined with cheese cloth making sure top of ricotta is also covered.
2) Drain the ricotta for 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator
3)Mix ¼ cup sugar and ¾ teas. Cinnamon together in bowl.
4) Slice bread about ¼ inch thick.
5) Place bread under broiler and toast until lightly browned
6) Turn bread over and butter bread. Sprinkle butter side of bread with about 1 teas cinnamon/sugar mixture
7) Return to broiler and toast until lightly browned.
8)Mix drained Ricotta, Amaretto, and Powdered Sugar in bowl
9) Spread about 1-2 tab. Cannoli filling on top of cinnamon side of bread
10) Place sliced strawberries on top of cannoli filling
If desired use a cheese grater to grate candy melts over strawberries to look like basil