- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter (crunchy is better)
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- sliced green onion tops for garnish
Combine peanut butter, water, soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until smooth; cool. Remove garlic from sauce, discard. Reserve half of sauce for dipping. Cut chicken lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips. Thread onto 8 metal or bamboo skewers.
Grill chicken covered 6-8 minutes. Baste with sauce once or twice during cooking. Serve with reserved sauce, garnished with sliced green onion tops.