White Chicken Chili
A delicious family favorite!! Crockpot cooked, South Beach phase 1
- 3 15 oz cans great Northern beans, drained
- 8 oz cooked & shredded chicken breasts (I boil mine to do this)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow, red, or green bell peppers
- 2 jalapeno chili peppers, stemmed, seeded, & chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 1/2 cups light & fat-free chicken broth
- LF or FF sour cream, to taste
- LF or FF shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
Combine all ingredients, except the sour cream & cheddar cheese, in the slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours.
Ladle into bowls & top each bowl with sour cream & cheddar cheese, as desired.