- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold water
- Vanilla Frosting
- 2 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 4 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and cocoa. Set aside.
Using a mixer, beat the eggs, vanilla, oil and water until well blended. Slowly add the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
Scoop evenly between 24 lined muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
Frost with your favorite frosting.
Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add 2 cups of the sugar and mix until well combined. Add the remaining sugar, milk and vanilla extract. beat until fluffy.